Wednesday, September 3, 2014

punk house

sorry, but if i do my chore wheel clean up (cleaning the stove and sink this week) every night, clean up my stuff in public areas when i go to bed, and immediately do my dishes and put them away after i eat, why exactly do i have to participate in a day-long house cleaning on saturday where we'll be "straightening up" stuff that isn't mine?

punk house life isn't agreeing with me right now; sam and leah (who have lived here 3 years) have monopolized the pantry and bathroom space. we have a small room that is all shelves and drawers for food and dishes, yet i have two tiny shelves (one of which i have to stand on a step stool to reach) for all of my food and dishes. the bathroom has a small shelving unit, lots of shelves inside the mirror, and a decent number of shelves above the toilet, yet i literally just have enough room to keep my shampoo, conditioner, face wash, and razor in the shower, and the rest of my stuff has to stay in a shower caddy in my closet. yeah, i have the biggest room, but i don't have a door, i have curtains. and the one door I do have is a restaurant-style swing door that leads straight into the pantry & kitchen, where it is constantly noisy & the door won't stay shut unless it locks from the pantry side.

ugh i'm just pissed. i'm so pissed.  there are constantly people in my space, sam keeps fucking touching me, leah is weird about where things go, and despite the fact that i spent about 6 hours scouring their filthy bathroom until it was sparkling last weekend, i somehow have to help straighten up their shit this weekend. i feel like they think i just lay around all day, when literally all of monday and most of yesterday was spent doing freelance work and embroidering stuff for etsy to make money.

ugh please let this feeling pass. once i get unpacked all the way & get my room straightened up i'm sure it'll be fine, but right now when i don't feel like my own space is inhabitable, it's just too much for me to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment